Ransomware is a contemptuous software that corrupts your computer and shows messages demanding money so that your system starts working properly. It is the type of malware which includes money-making schemes through random links via emails, messages, etc. Here are some of the preventive measures one must take to prevent their system to get infected.
Steps To Defeat Ransomware:
- If your PC gets infected by Ransomware, the first step is to go offline and remove all the connected devices to it.
- Identify the type of malware, your approach to deal with it should be proper and risk-free.
- Never pay a ransom there is always another approach to cyber threats and there is no guarantee that after paying you will get the file access again.
- Restore and refresh your computer.
- Try to avoid public Wi-Fi as system is more vulnerable to this kind of malicious attacks or use a secure VPN.
- Lastly, take all the preventive measures so that it will not occur again.
Some Preventive Measures To Prevent Ransomware:
- Install anti-virus, firewall or anti-malware software to block access to phishing emails.
- Always back up and recover your important files and don’t upload it on any open-source network.
- Don’t ever give write permissions to other users with whom you are sharing documents or files.
- Stay alert from latest email phishing scams.
- Do not provide your personal details when answering through emails, messages or calls.
- Here is the list to protect your system from malicious attacks:
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- AVG Antivirus
- Avast Antivirus
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Lastly, use the following decrypter to decrypt your computer.
Hedimdal security: httрѕ://hеіmdаlѕесurіtу.соm/blоg/rаnѕоmwаrе-dесrурtіоn-tооlѕ
Few More tools: httрѕ://www.wаtсhроіntdаtа.соm/rаnѕоmwаrе-dесrурtоrѕ
Here are few more based on antivirus companies:
Kaspersky Lаb: https://noransom.kaspersky.com
That’s all for now. Keep your PC Safe and read articles on our websites to stay smart!